International Workshop on
Approximation Theory and Applications
dedicated to Giuseppe Mastroianni on the occasion of his retirement
Rifreddo (Potenza - Italy) - September 12-13, 2013
The aim of the Workshop is to bring together some of the most outstanding mathematicians that, in the last decades, also in collaboration with Giuseppe Mastroianni, have given significant contributions in the field of the Approximation Theory and in the development of its applications.
The scientific program consists of invited talks and in a poster session.
The topics are related to the main research interests of Giuseppe Mastroianni, including:
• Polynomial Approximation Theory
• Positive Operators
• Weighted Polynomial Inequalities
• Polynomial Interpolation Processes
• Rational Approximation
• Fourier Series
• Orthogonal Polynomials
• Quadrature Rules
• Numerical Methods for Integral Equations
• Francesco Altomare ("Aldo Moro" University of Bari)
• Umberto Amato ("Mauro Picone" Institute for Applied Mathematics IAC, CNR)
• Michele Campiti (University of Salento)
• Mirella Cappelletti Montano ("Aldo Moro" University of Bari)
• Maria Carmela De Bonis (University of Basilicata)
• Biancamaria Della Vecchia (“La Sapienza” University of Rome)
• Concetta Laurita (University of Basilicata)
• Vita Leonessa (University of Basilicata)
• Incoronata Notarangelo (University of Basilicata)
• Donatella Occorsio, chair (University of Basilicata)
• Maria Grazia Russo (University of Basilicata)
Anyone who wish to participate to the workshop should register via e-mail by May 31, 2013.
No registration fee will be required.
Participants who wish to contribute to the poster session should submit an abstract in pdf form via e-mail by May 31, 2013.
Acceptance of posters will be announced by June 15, 2013.
Tel: +39 0971 205848
Fax: +39 0971 205896